The Muse Knoxville is committed to enabling all visitors to experience the museum.
We recognize the diversity of our general public's abilities and needs, and offer programs and services to ensure accessbility to those we serve as much as possible. Please contact the museum to discuss which program we provide that will best serve your needs.
Food & Other Allergies
- Food and drinks are not allowed in exhibit areas.
- If you, or your child, have food allergies that prevent you from eating in the lunchroom, please do not hesitate to ask a staff member for assistance.
- All public areas of the museum are wheelchair accessible.
- The entrances and exits to the museum do not have power-assist. Please contact us prior to your visit if you need assistance.
- Motorized wheelchairs are permitted.
- Restrooms are wheelchair friendly
- Service animals are always welcome
Printed Materials-COMING SOON!
- A social story book is available to prepare children for their visits and show what it's like to visit The Muse. Download a PDF of this book.
Quiet Spaces and Times
- The Museum is typically quiet on school weekdays in the afternoon
- Quiet places in the Museum:
- Quiet Room across from Live Smart: Stay Well!
- The Muse Classroom when there are no groups
- The reading area in the lobby
- The Planetarium
- Outdoor spaces
- Service animals are always welcome.
Hearing Impaired or Hearing Sensitive
- A limited number of sound-reducing earmuffs are available, free of charge, at the Admissions desk. The earmuffs fit children about 0-12 years old.
- Sign language interpretation is available for all events with at least two weeks advance notice.